This one was little bit tricky. If you want to pack files on your IIS webserver follow my guide. Continue reading How to pack directory using 7-zip in PHP on Windows?
Hiding server software is one of ways to protect your services from hackers. It’s quite easy to obscure IIS identity. In few steps I’ll show you how to accomplish this task on WIMP stack.
Sometimes it happens that your scheduled task on Windows missed some logs. I’ve recently had a such problem because I’ve deleted a Windows user that created AWstats task. What did I do to repair this awkward situation?
Firstly you cannot simply regenerate daily log from the past. In this case AWstats will simply skip old records. Follow this steps:
- Go to AWstats data directory (AWstats\cgi-bin\data).
- Use Windows search ability to show only problematic files (if file name is awstats102013.yoursite.txt simply type yoursite in a searchbox).
- Mark all found files and move them to the temporary location.
- Now run Windows cmd.
- Go to AWstats tools dir. In my case:
- Now create a merged log for a problematic website:
:: where xx is unique IIS webiste id logresolvemerge.pl L:\LOG_DIR\W3SVCxx\* > L:\LOG_DIR\W3SVCxx\merged.log
- Go to awstats.pl location:
w: cd w:\wwwroot\AWstats\cgi-bin\
- Parse merged file:
awstats.pl -config=yoursite -LogFile=L:\LOG_DIR\W3SVCxx\merged.log -update
- Place files from steps 2-3 back to their location. Don’t overwrite new files! Simply skip old ones.
- You should be able to see complete stats for your website.
TIP: How to dermine your webiste unique id? Simply go to IIS manager and click advanced settings in a right pane after selecting website.