Index of everything connected to gamedev:
- API documentation for Phaser 2.6.2 (used in my examples).
- HTML5 Cross Platform Game Development Using Phaser 3 – examples from Emanuele Feronato’s book HTML5 Cross Platform Game Development Using Phaser 3.
- Tiled – free tile map editor that can be used with Phaser.
- Leshy SpriteSheet Tool – free online sprite sheet generator that can export a JSON-TP-Array.
- GLSL converter – GLSL converter to fragment source (usable by Phaser).
- Classic Game Boy DMG-01 for Piskel and Gimp.
- Awesome pack of color palettes from Fornaxvoid (retro computer palettes in Adobe Photoshop compatible format).
- Fast way to create pseudo pixel art.
- Pro Motion by Cosmigo (Pixel Art animation program [does not work very well on Wine])
- GrafX2 (retro graphic editor [works well on Linux])
BMFont convert any ttf to bitmap font Windows/Wine (fnt format). fontbuilder bitmap font generator for Linux.
- Atari2600 font.
- Littera online tool for generating bitmap fonts (needs Flash).
- Itch.io great source of game assets (free or paid – use filters).
- Introduction to pixel art by Glauber Kotaki.
- lospec.com really cool website with some palletes and tutorials.
- Aseprite pretty cheap but awesome editor for sprites.
- HD Index Paiting in Photoshop awesome technique which enables you to draw pixel art using normal Adobe PS tools. Totally check this out!
Retro 3D stuff
- Tutorial: 3D pixel art tavern bench (3ds Max)
- Lowpoly Tower with pixelart texture (3ds Max)
- Art Spotlight: Cyberpunk Taxi (Maya)
- 3D pixel inspiration (Pinterest)
- 2D Shooter tutorial for Phaser
- Differences between P2 and Arcade Physics in Phaser
- 2D multiplayer car game in Phaser
- Box2D drift game
- TexturePacker and PhysicsEditor (second tool is needed by Interphase book).
- Tilengine – 2D graphics engine for creating classic/retro games.