Sometimes it happens that your scheduled task on Windows missed some logs. I’ve recently had a such problem because I’ve deleted a Windows user that created AWstats task. What did I do to repair this awkward situation?
Firstly you cannot simply regenerate daily log from the past. In this case AWstats will simply skip old records. Follow this steps:
- Go to AWstats data directory (AWstats\cgi-bin\data).
- Use Windows search ability to show only problematic files (if file name is awstats102013.yoursite.txt simply type yoursite in a searchbox).
- Mark all found files and move them to the temporary location.
- Now run Windows cmd.
- Go to AWstats tools dir. In my case:
- Now create a merged log for a problematic website:
:: where xx is unique IIS webiste id logresolvemerge.pl L:\LOG_DIR\W3SVCxx\* > L:\LOG_DIR\W3SVCxx\merged.log
- Go to awstats.pl location:
w: cd w:\wwwroot\AWstats\cgi-bin\
- Parse merged file:
awstats.pl -config=yoursite -LogFile=L:\LOG_DIR\W3SVCxx\merged.log -update
- Place files from steps 2-3 back to their location. Don’t overwrite new files! Simply skip old ones.
- You should be able to see complete stats for your website.
TIP: How to dermine your webiste unique id? Simply go to IIS manager and click advanced settings in a right pane after selecting website.